1. Mix the syrup, peanut oil, and soap with a manual whisk.
2. Add the flour and stir evenly with a spatula until the dry powder is no longer visible.
3. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for 2 hours.
4. Next, let's prepare the filling first. Divide the lotus paste filling into 25g portions, rub round and set aside, and prepare the salted duck egg yolk.
5. Press the lotus paste filling into a round cake, put the salted duck egg yolk in the center, and wrap it.
6. After all the egg yolks are wrapped, set aside for later use.
7. Divide the loose crust into 15g pieces and round them for later use.
8. Take out a mooncake crust, squash it, and put the filling in the middle of the crust. Turn it over and gather the skin so that it is close to the filling.
9. Press the filling with the thumb of one hand, and push the crust upward with the other hand to make it close to the filling and slowly climb up. Finally close the mouth and round it.
10. Wrap all the moon cakes, take out the moon cake mold, and insert the flower slices. Brush a thin layer of oil around the pattern and mold. Roll the moon cake dough into a cylindrical shape, put it in the moon cake mold, and press it slightly so that it will not fall off when transferring.
11. Transfer the moon cake mold with the dough to the baking tray, erect the moon cake mold, and press it harder.
12. Lift the moon cake mold lightly, and one moon cake will be pressed into shape.
13. All moon cakes are pressed according to this method. (You can start to preheat the oven before pressing the mooncakes, the upper and lower fire is 220 ℃).
14. Put all the printed moon cakes into the pre-heated oven with a baking tray, heat up and down at 200 ℃, middle layer, bake for 5 minutes, let the moon cake pattern shape.
15. Take out the moon cake, brush with a thin layer of egg yolk liquid on the surface, continue to send it into the oven, fire up and down 180 ℃, middle layer, bake for 15 minutes.
16. The finished mooncakes are sealed after they are allowed to cool, and they can be eaten after the oil returns the next day!
17. A whole egg yolk is delicious!
1. The lotus seed paste filling can be replaced with other fillings you like.
2. I use Xuechu 50g moon cake mold, the ratio of skin: filling is 3:7, this ratio is easier to pack. You can adjust it to 2:8 according to your preference.
3. The baked moon cakes can be eaten after returning to the oil in one day. They can be sealed and stored at room temperature, and they can be stored for about a week.
4. Fangzi can make 20 50g Cantonese moon cakes.
5. After the mooncake skin is ready, it must be relaxed for 2 hours.
6. Please adjust the baking time and temperature according to the temper of your own oven.