1. Rinse the dried lotus seeds with clean water and soak them overnight. Take out the lotus cores in individual lotus seeds to avoid bitterness;
2. Put the lotus seeds on the steamer, steam it with a pressure cooker and press for 10 minutes (don't put too much water, don't undermine the lotus seeds), the steamed lotus seeds will become puree by gently pinching with your hands, very soft
3. Put the lotus seeds into the blender in batches, add some water for boiling the lotus seeds, and beat them into lotus seed puree;
4. Put all the lotus seed puree into a non-stick pan and pour the sugar;
5. After stirring for a while, pour the salad oil in portions, each time until the salad oil is completely absorbed, then pour it down again, about 4-5 times;
6. Stir-fry until the lotus seed paste is very dry, use a shovel to push it with great resistance;
Put the lotus seed paste out, cover the lotus seed paste with plastic wrap and let cool for later use;
At this time and the moon cake skin: first mix the inverted syrup and liquid water, then pour peanut oil and mix evenly, finally pour in the powder, knead well, cover with plastic wrap and set aside;
8. Take 100 grams of dried cranberries on a cutting board and cut into fine particles;
9. Put the dried cranberries and lotus paste together and mix well;
10. Divide the mooncake crust into 20 grams each and the filling into 30 grams each;
11. Flatten the crust and put the filling on it;
12. Put the dough on the tiger's mouth of one hand, push the dough with the big thenar area of your thumb, and press the filling with the thumb of the other hand. Turn the dough while pushing, so that the dough is slowly wrapped on the filling.
13. The wrapped moon cake crust should be evenly wrapped on the filling, try not to reveal the filling, stick some flour, and sprinkle some flour in the moon cake mold to prevent sticking (put the flour, shake it, make the flour attached to the mold, and then Pour out the excess flour), put the wrapped dough into the mold;
14. Press lightly to form;
15. Place it on the baking tray and spray water on the surface before putting it in the oven;
16. Put it in a preheated 200 degree oven and bake for 5 minutes, then take it out, and evenly brush a layer of egg yolk liquid;
17. Put the mooncakes in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes. Take it out and let it cool and store it in an airtight seal. The oil can be returned in about 2-3 days.
Windy sunny day:
1. The cranberry must be cut into small particles, so that it will blend well with the lotus paste filling and taste better;
2. The lotus seed paste filling must be fried for a while, and the fire should be low, don't worry, the fire is easy to paste the bottom, must be fried until very dry, you can use half of the maltose instead of sugar, so that the filling has better adhesion;
3. If you like to eat thin skins, you can adjust the ratio of skin to filling. The ratio of skin to filling is 2:8, which is a normal ratio, but it is usually not very good. You have to master this by yourself;
4. Cantonese-style mooncakes will have a process of oil return. I wait patiently for 2-3 days, but I basically return the oil the next day after making it. At this time, it tastes better;
5. In the process of making moon cakes, I found that the dryness of the inverted syrup made by each person is also different. When making the dough, you can slightly increase or decrease the flour according to the dryness of the syrup.