1. Pour the ghee, invert syrup, and liquid water into the basin and stir clockwise evenly. It is best to use a hand-held whisk, I forgot
2. Then sift into the special flour for mooncakes, which is sold in many bakery shops. You can also mix low-gluten flour with high-gluten flour. I bought the special flour directly to save trouble.
3. Stir evenly with a spatula in a cut and mix form
4. After mixing well, cover with plastic wrap and relax for one hour
5. Taking advantage of the relaxation time of the mooncake skin, you can prepare the filling of the mooncake first. A 50g mooncake needs 35g of filling, and a 75g mooncake needs 53g of filling. I have prepared both molds, so I weighed them separately. Different fillings, the fillings are bought directly, lotus paste filling, maraschino cherry filling, purple potato filling, red bean paste filling are prepared, and they are rolled into balls for later use.
6. The salted egg yolk needs to be processed in advance. Processing method: soak it in white wine for 1-2 hours, take it out and bake it in the oven for 3-5 minutes, then set it aside for later use
7. After the mooncake crust is relaxed, 50g mooncake needs 15g crust, 75g mooncake needs 22g crust, weigh it, roll it into a ball for later use, take a cake crust and squash it in your hand
8. Put the kneaded stuffing ball on, hold the stuffing lightly with your thumb, and press it down slightly
9. The tiger’s mouth in the other hand holds up the cake crust and gently pushes upwards to make the moon cake crust evenly wrapped
10. After everything is wrapped, put it on standby. If you want to add egg yolk, just wrap the egg yolk in the filling according to the above method, and then repeat the above method to wrap it in the skin.
11. Put the wrapped dumplings into the moon cake mold, press lightly and then release the mold, the force should be even
12. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, move the demoulded moon cakes to the baking tray, spray some water, bake them in the oven for 3-5 minutes, the moon cakes are shaped, and the surface is slightly yellow, then take out and brush a layer of egg liquid, if you don’t want to The baked mooncake is too dark. It is recommended to reduce the egg yolk in the egg mixture. After baking it for 5 minutes, take it out and brush the egg mixture for the second time, and then bake it in the oven for 10 minutes. The baked mooncakes can be eaten after 2-3 days of oil return at room temperature