1. While boiling the water, prepare the sticky rice flour, glutinous rice flour, orange powder, and powdered sugar needed for the ice skin, and put them in a large bowl.
2. Pour milk
3. Mix milk and various powders and stir evenly
4. In order to check whether there are unmixed particles, you can sift through a sieve to make the ice skin more delicate
5. Pour in corn oil
6. Pour in condensed milk
7. Stir evenly, and use a manual whisk to make a circle on the upper layer to fully blend the oil and milk paste.
8. After 1-2 minutes, the milk paste and oil are combined into one.
9. Cover the snow skin batter with a layer of plastic wrap to prevent water from dripping into it. Put it in a boiling pot and steam for about 30 minutes on medium heat to completely steam the snow skin batter.
10. Now let's stir-fry the cake powder. Pour the weighed glutinous rice flour into a pan and stir-fry on low heat.
11. Fry until the powder is a little yellow and there is a faint fragrance, you can turn off the heat, and be careful not to burn it.
12. The steamed ice skin batter has a layer of slick oil on it, and we will knead it into the dough in a moment.
13. The ice skin batter that has just been steamed is relatively hot. At this time, we use chopsticks to open it to better heat dissipation.
14. When the batter is not hot, you can knead the ice skin. I want a light pink color, so I added a little Whitton pink pigment, or not, or replaced with other colored ingredients.
15. Snowy dough will be sticky. It is recommended to wear gloves to knead the dough. If you don’t have gloves, you can use a fresh-keeping bag until you knead all the slick in. If you knead for a longer time, the taste will be more delicate. The best kneading effect is when there is residual temperature. Set aside the dough to cool for later use.
16. Now it's time to beat the butter. The butter is softened at room temperature. Add fine sugar and beat until the butter is enlarged.
17. Add the eggs in two batches, each time you have to fuse the butter and the eggs together. It is normal for the oil and water to separate after the second mixing.
18. Mix the milk powder, orange powder, and condensed milk in, use a manual whisk to stir evenly without particles, put it in a pot of boiling water, cover the pot and steam for 5 minutes.
19. Taking advantage of the steamed custard paste, divide the dough into 30 grams (12 pieces). If you like to eat thinner, you can divide it into 25 grams.
20. After 5 minutes, open the lid and use a manual whisk to stir the custard paste. Stir constantly to make the surrounding custard paste mixed evenly.
21. When the custard paste has solidified, it means it is cooked. After another 1 minute of whipping, you can turn off the heat and let it cool for later use.
22. Now give the mold anti-sticking treatment, apply a layer of light and cake powder on the moon cake mold, and lightly pat off the excess powder after coating.
23. Use the palm of your hand to press the snowy skin into a round cake, thicker in the middle and thinner on the edges.
24. Pack about 20 grams of custard filling, the mold I used is 50 grams.
25. Close the mouth like a bun, and then gently round it.
26. Spread a thin layer of cake powder on top of the snowy dough.
27. Put it into the three-dimensional crystal mooncake mold of French Baker.
28. With a light pressure, the snowy patterned mooncake is finished.
29. Pink and tender snowy mooncakes, do you like it?
30. 6 kinds of patterns, press mould as you like.
31. Just after 7 nights, if you don't receive the flowers, you can give it to yourself.
1. Whether the snow skin is kneaded after steaming is related to whether the snow skin is delicate and chewy. If there is plenty of time, put the kneaded snow skin in the refrigerator for 1 hour. 2. In the early stage of kneading the dough, it will be sticky. It is recommended to wear gloves. If you don't have gloves, use a fresh-keeping bag instead.
3. The weight of the stuffing can be adjusted according to your own preference. For the 50g mold I used, the total weight should be about 50g.
4. Refrigerate the finished snowy moon cake for several hours before eating, and warm it up before eating.
5. Ice skin moon cakes that can't be eaten should be stored in a sealed box in the refrigerator. The time is not recommended to be too long, and the taste is best if eaten within 2 days.