1. Soak the red beans 24h in advance,
2. Put all the ingredients in a cast iron pot,
3. Boil for about one and a half hours, (the red beans still keep their original shape and melt in the mouth)
4. Strain the excess soup and control the moisture slightly (don’t lose the soup, it’s best with Yuanzi)
5. Add 30g white sugar,
6. Mix well, keep it tightly sealed and refrigerate.
The prepared honey red beans can be stored for a long time in the refrigerator. The self-made red beans have a lot of moisture and cannot be directly used for baking. When using it, put it in the oven or the microwave for a little drying. You can use it; if you like the graininess The honey red beans will be cooked for a while. The cast iron pot I use is better to cook thoroughly. For other pots, you can control the time according to your own habits.