1. Put the brown sugar cubes and water into the pot and cook until the sugar melts. After the sugar water cools a little bit, pour in glutinous rice flour and sticky rice flour, and mix it evenly into a thicker batter without particles, with flexibility (grab the batter and lift it up. , The batter hangs down smoothly)
2. Pour the batter into the oiled mold, cover the surface of the mold with tin foil or a plate to prevent water drops from dripping onto the surface of the rice cake during the steaming process, which will affect the appearance and taste
3. Put it in a steamer, bring the water to a boil over high heat, and steam on medium heat for about 30 minutes until cooked (the specific time required will be adjusted according to the size and thickness of the rice cake). Insert a toothpick into the center of the rice cake and it will be cooked without any syrup. If you are worried that the amount of water is not enough during the steaming process, you can open the lid to heat the water. The rice cake is not a steamed bun and will not shrink, but when the lid is opened, the heat will be lost and the steaming time will be prolonged. The surface of the rice cake steamed from the mold surface with tin foil or a plate is smooth, delicate and beautiful
4. Take out the steamed rice cake, cool and demould
5. Use flat molds to make rice cakes, which can be demolded and cut after cooling, while using "福" molds to make rice cakes. To keep the "福" complete and beautiful, you must wait for the rice cakes to cool completely and put them in the refrigerator. Freeze or refrigerate to harden so that it can be demolded smoothly. After dicing, you can steam it, soft and truthful, or fry it, soft and sweet
1. The amount of sugar is increased or decreased according to their preferences.
2. If the amount of water is large, the finished product will be softer, and if the amount of rice flour is small, the finished product will be harder.
3. It is not easy to mold the rice cakes with the "福" mold. To keep the "福" complete and beautiful, you must wait for the rice cakes to cool completely and then freeze or refrigerate them to harden so that they can be demolded smoothly.