1. Soak the cleaned ebony plum in water for half an hour
2. Wash the roselle and licorice with water
3. Soak the washed roselle and licorice in water for half an hour
4. Wash the tangerine peel with water
5. Soak the cleaned tangerine peel in water for half an hour
6. Wash the hawthorn with water
7. Soak the washed hawthorn in water for half an hour
8. Pour all the soaked materials into the gauze bag and install it
9. Soak the water and gauze bag into the pot together
10. Then add water, about 3L in the pot
11. Bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer on low heat for about an hour
12. Pour the prepared rock sugar into the pot
13. Finally, when the rock sugar melts, put the sour plum soup in a bottle.
For sour plum soup, you can buy ebony plums at a Chinese herbal medicine store. Regarding whether to add Roselle flower, I personally think that after adding Roselle flower, the color will be much more beautiful and the taste will be much better. In addition, if you don't like to drink sour, you can reduce the amount of hawthorn.