1. Remove the head and tail of the octopus and cut into sections (about 5cm in length); sprinkle with salt and cooking wine, grab well with your hands, and marinate for 20 minutes.
2. The marinated octopus is wiped dry and coated with cornstarch. Shake to remove excess starch.
3. Pour an appropriate amount of Arowana non-GMO blended oil into the pot, heat it over medium heat to 70% heat, add the octopus. (Chopsticks measuring oil temperature: [High oil temperature] 70% to 80% hot. There are a lot of bubbles around the chopsticks, and there is a crackling sound, suitable for deep-frying or frying meat and fish.)
4. After frying on medium and small fire until the surface is golden, remove the oil and put it on the plate for later use.
5. Leave the bottom oil in the pot, add shredded ginger and saute.
6. Pour in an appropriate amount of boiling water, add light soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and sugar, and bring to a boil.
7. Add the fried octopus, stir-fry evenly, turn to medium-low heat and simmer for about 5 minutes to taste the octopus.
8. Add water and starch to thicken, stir evenly, and the soup will thicken and it can be taken out of the pot. (The water starch must be mixed well and then poured into the pot, otherwise the starch will agglomerate when heated)
9. It smells so good!
10. Sprinkle a little green onion on it and serve it to the table~
1. When frying octopus, don't open the fire, otherwise the meat inside will be raw if the skin is battered.
2. The fried octopus is cooked again, the meat is not easy to loose, and the taste is better. It is delicious when made into sweet and sour or braised.
3. How to deal with hairtail: generally we buy frozen hairtail in supermarkets, which can be defrosted indoors. If you are in a hurry, you can put it in warm water below 75°C. There is a layer of white phosphorus on the surface of hairtail, which has a fishy smell but is also rich in nutritional value. Friends who mind can use a small clean brush to brush the edges of the white phosphorus and clean it completely. The hairtail looks better and will not be fishy. The viscera of hairtail should also be rinsed, and the black film is also a source of fishy smell.