by Some delicious snacks
1. Heat the butter in a soup pot to melt, add carrots, celery, green onions and dried thyme. Stir-fry for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are soft, then add garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
2. Sprinkle in flour and fry for 1 minute, then pour in chicken broth and milk and stir well, then turn to medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the soup is slightly thicker.
3. Add the mashed potatoes and stir well.
4. Add Ricos cheese sauce and ham and stir well. Finally add salt and pepper (remember that the ham will contain salt, first try a bite of the soup before deciding whether to add more salt.).
5. Then turn off the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
1. Cut the vegetables into thin slices to make it easier to cook and soften.
2. After adding the flour, stir frequently to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
3. Cheese sauce is used in the cheese soup, but no cheese slices are used. The first time I used cheese slices, even if it was chopped and put in the soup, it would cook unevenly, and it would stick to the bottom of the pot. The second time I switched to cheese sauce, the result was very good. The cheese sauce is paste-like. Add it to the soup and cook it evenly without particles.
4. When adding salt and pepper to taste, try the taste of the soup first, because the ham itself is salty.
5. The final simmer for 10 minutes is to make the soup thicker.