1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Add boiled water to the cornmeal, stir and let cool.
3. Add flour.
4. Add a small amount of warm water to melt the yeast.
5. Mix into a soft dough.
6. Put the dough in a round mold and wait for it to rise. If there is no mold, put it in a basin or a large plate.
7. Increase the dough to twice its original size, sprinkle the surface with chopped red dates, and steam on medium heat for 30 minutes.
8. After the steamed cake is steamed, let it simmer for 5 minutes and then uncover it. Look at the holes in the steamed cake. It is a success!
The sponge cake dough should not be too soft, otherwise it will feel sticky after steaming.