1. Beef tendon should be soaked in clean blood in advance with clean water. If the water becomes turbid, replace the clean water several times in time. The potatoes and carrots should be peeled, washed, and cut into small pieces.
2. Prepare rice wine, peeled and sliced ginger, curry powder, curry cubes and fresh hawthorn. The high content of organic acids in hawthorn can soften the beef fiber, make the beef mature faster and relieve greasiness. The curry powder has a stronger aroma, and the curry cubes can make the soup thicker
3. Cut a part of the beef into small pieces, and cut some into sections, put it in a pot under cold water, cover and blanch it, then remove it and rinse with warm water to control the water
4. Pour 1 teaspoon of oil into the soup pot, pour the curry powder into the hot oil and stir-fry the aroma with a low heat. This step is very important. Don't turn on the high heat, otherwise it will have a burnt smell.
5. Then put the beef into the pot and stir-fry until all the beef is sticking to the curry sauce, pour in rice wine, instead of rice wine, you can use cooking wine
6. Put the hawthorn and ginger slices into the pot. You can also use dried hawthorn slices if you don’t have fresh hawthorn, don’t use too much or it will have a sour taste
7. Add boiled water, the amount of water can submerge the beef, cover on high heat and turn to low heat and simmer for about 1 and a half hours
8. Then open the lid, add the potatoes and carrot pieces to a boil over high heat, add salt to taste, then turn to low heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender
9. Finally, open the lid and turn to high heat, add the curry cubes to the boiled soup until it is thick, then turn off the heat and get out of the pot.
10. The curry potato beef should be eaten hot, the taste is the best, and it is the children's favorite to eat it with rice. Large chunks of beef are picked up and let cool before slicing. They can be dipped in curry soup. My family likes to mix fresh soy sauce and homemade chili as a dipping sauce, which tastes even better.
The curry powder needs to be fried, the soup will be more fragrant, adding the curry cubes will produce natural gorgon, adding it too early will help to collect the juice and affect the stew, so it is better to add the high heat to the juice at the end