1. We don’t have Lipu taro here. I bought the local taro. This is the taro. Pick the two bigger ones and steam them in a pot until the chopsticks can be easily inserted.
2. Use a mud press to press into mud. I did something superfluous. I added a bit of milk and beaten it in a blender. It was too thin and fried until thick. Unfortunately, it was not very good. The finished product felt too sticky and tasteless. I suggest that you should make the taro paste thicker.
3. When steaming taro, boil caramel to make milk tea. Add a little water to a thick-bottomed milk pan, pour in white sugar, and cook until saccharified. Don't stir while cooking sugar, you can shake the pot to prevent it from sticking. After the water evaporates, the sugar will bubble up and slowly turn its color to brown.
4. After the caramel is brown, pour milk and water, then add tea leaves and cook.
5. After boiling, turn off the heat and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Strain out the tea leaves and the milk tea is ready.
7. Put the cocoa powder and chocolate in a bowl, add a spoonful of hot milk tea, melt the chocolate and cocoa powder, and stir evenly into a chocolate sauce.
8. Pour into the taro puree and stir evenly into a chocolate taro puree.
9. Find a cup you like, scoop the chocolate taro mash to spread the bottom, and use the chocolate spoon to smear the chocolate taro mash on the side of the cup.
10. Pour milk tea, you can add some nuts and marshmallows to decorate.
11. I like to drink hot milk tea. If you like ice, you can add ice cubes or refrigerate it and drink it.
1 Taro puree with a little grains may have a better taste, too thin taro puree is a bit sticky, and it is a bit hard to suck through the straw.
2 I didn't add sugar to the chocolate taro puree. If you like sweetness, you can add some sugar. Brown sugar and white sugar can be used.
3 Don't cook the caramel too much, it will be bitter. If you don't know how to cook the caramel, you don't need to cook it. Direct milk + tea leaves to make milk tea.
4 Do not cover when making milk tea, it is best to use a darker pot, the milk will pound the pot.
5 You can also boil the tea leaves in water first, boil for 5 minutes, then add milk to boil, and simmer for 20 minutes. Refer to my "Red Date Milk Tea".