1. Prepare the ingredients (amount of a 6-inch cake). All kinds of dried fruit can be put according to personal preference, of course, it is delicious without putting dried fruit. (I use sweet, the amount of sugar in the formula is just right~ the amount of specific sugar, you can increase or decrease according to your personal taste)
2. Separate the egg yolk and the egg white, add the yogurt to the egg yolk, and stir evenly. (The container for egg whites must be water-free and oil-free, otherwise the egg whites will be difficult to pass).
3. Corn flour (cornmeal, the yellow kind) is mixed with corn starch, sieved, and poured into the stirred yogurt and egg yolk liquid, and mixed up and down evenly.
4. All kinds of dried fruits are finely chopped (I put red dates, raisins, and dried cranberries, just put the same, or not put it, there is no problem).
5. Pour the chopped red dates, raisins, and dried cranberries into the egg yolk paste, stir up and down, and set aside for later use.
6. Add a few drops of white vinegar or lemon juice to the egg whites (to remove the eggy taste, and at the same time help to beat the egg whites), and add white granulated sugar to the egg whites three times.
7. The next step is the most critical step of this cake~ the egg whites are in a hard foaming state. Lift the egg beater as shown in the figure, and the head has sharp corners, and it is in a wet foaming state.
8. Continue to beat, lift up the whisk, and the head is in a right-angled triangle state, which is a rigid foaming state, and you can beat it to this level.
9. When the egg white paste is in a hard foaming state, the bowl is turned upside down, and the egg white paste will not flow.
10. Take 1/3 of the beaten egg white batter and pour it into the egg yolk batter, and quickly turn it up and down and mix evenly (must be fast and up and down, otherwise the defoaming of the cake batter will affect the taste).
11. Pour the cake batter that was mixed in the previous step into the remaining protein batter, quickly turn it up and down and mix evenly, the batter after mixing is smooth and delicate. At this time, you can preheat the oven, 150 degrees for a few minutes.
12. Pour the mixed cake batter into the mold, shake it lightly to eliminate large bubbles, and sprinkle some dried fruit on the surface. (I use the water bath method: Put the baking pan on the bottom of the oven, pour some water in the baking pan, and then put the cake on the grill to bake the cake. The texture of the cake will be more slippery. Of course, directly There is no problem with roasting.)
13. Put tin foil on the bread outside the mould (it is ok if it is not wrapped, it will have little effect). Put it in the preheated oven, the middle layer is 150 degrees, and the fire is up and down for 60 minutes (the last 10 minutes can be adjusted to 160 degrees, pay attention to observation, lightly color and cover with tin foil to prevent excessive color). ps: By the way, this Changdi oven was bought in 2010. I have been with me for six or seven years, and it is still so easy to use! give it a like!
14. After the baked cake is out of the oven, let it cool naturally. Because this cake will shrink as a whole after cooling, and it will be demoulded naturally, so there is no need to invert or deliberately demould. (ps: How to judge whether the cake is cooked: insert the toothpick into the cake, and the cake paste will not stick to the toothpick when it is pulled out, which means that the cake has been baked)
15. The sweetness of corn + the deliciousness of yogurt~ Simple materials and simple methods can easily make a healthy and delicious cake with no oil, less sugar, and no baking powder!
16. Although it is a cake made of whole grains, the taste is very delicate~ The cake with dried fruit has a distinct taste~ even more delicious!
17. It tastes better when refrigerated!
18. The internal organization is very delicate~ a cake made of whole grains can taste the feeling of cheesecake, it is amazing! Of course, the most important thing is: health! Men, women and children, take it all! !
1. The amount of formula can make a 6-inch round cake.
2. When the final powder is mixed, it must be quickly turned up and down to avoid defoaming.
3. I used a 6-inch live-bottom round mold and bake it for 60 minutes (150 degrees for 50 minutes, then 160 degrees for 10 minutes). If you use a small mold, you can increase the temperature appropriately.