by Weilan Weibo
I don’t have all-purpose flour at home. I use a 1:1 mixture of Arowana bread flour and cake flour to make the oil crust, which is very easy to use and has a sense of layering. If you have all-purpose flour, you can use all-purpose flour directly, or add 20% starch to the flour. I chose coconut oil for this meringue mooncake, which matches well with the coconut paste filling. It's really fragrant! The smell of coconut that is out of the house is really mouth-watering. There is no colorless and odorless vegetable oil or butter or lard.
2. Prepare ingredients, sift the flour in advance, coconut oil is solid, take it out of the refrigerator in advance to soften, coconut oil has high nutritional value, can reduce cholesterol ratio, can be used for beauty and anti-aging, can improve metabolism, antibacterial, antiviral, and activate thyroid function , Maintain energy levels, stabilize blood sugar.
Make oil crust: Mix 75 bread flour and 75g cake flour evenly and sieve. Melt coconut oil in water, add powdered sugar, flour and warm water until there is no dry powder, and then knead it into a dough. Note that coconut oil is different from lard. Reserve it when making the dough 10g of warm water depends on the situation.
To make shortbread: 50g melted coconut oil, add 100g low-gluten flour, 10g purple potato flour and make shortbread. Cover the two kneaded doughs with plastic wrap. Pastry flour can not be mixed, you must use low-gluten flour, I choose Arowana cake flour, low gluten, strong water absorption, easy to use.
4. To make the filling: coconut oil melted in water, add sugar and stir until it is emulsified, then add egg and milk. Stir well until it is emulsified, add the minced coconut, add the minced coconut slowly, depending on the dry and wet state, don't get too dry, otherwise it won't clump and make it difficult to handle. Let stand for about half an hour to allow the coconut paste to fully absorb the liquid.
5. Then make a dough, plan to make 12 moon cakes, evenly divided into 12 equal parts.
6. The oil crust and puff pastry are evenly divided into 6 doses.
7. Take an oily skin, wrap it with a shortbread, and so on, cover it with plastic wrap, or buckle the basin to prevent it from drying out.
8. Take a dough, roll it into a cake, and roll it up from one end. Cover with plastic wrap and relax for 10 minutes after all the rolls are finished.
9. Take a piece of dough and roll it lengthwise into a cake and roll it up, all done, cover with plastic wrap and relax for 10 minutes.
10. Then take a dough and cut it from the middle with the cross section facing up.
11. Press flat, roll into a round cake, wrap with coconut paste filling on the cross-section side, close and pinch it like a bun.
12. Prepare all the moon cakes and place them on the baking tray. Preheat the upper and lower fire at 160 degrees, and bake the middle layer for about 25 minutes, depending on the size of the mooncake.
It's ready to be eaten when it's out of the oven!