1. Wash the red beans and barley, and soak overnight in advance
2. Put the rice soaking water and beans into the pot together, add enough water, and bring to a boil
3. Wash the lotus root section and remove the skin
4. Cut into larger pieces and soak in clean water; soaking is to wait until the pot is boiled, so you don’t need to soak it.
5. After the beans are boiled for 10 minutes, put in the lotus root
6. Cover and turn to medium-low heat and cook for 50 minutes
7. Turn off the heat and put in the right amount of rock sugar, then heat the soup, the rock sugar will melt in a while
8. Put it into a bowl and drink after it cools slightly, the lotus root has become soft and waxy in 50 minutes
The red beans and barley should be soaked in advance, and the lotus root should be put in after the red beans and barley are boiled for 10 minutes. Add enough water at a time.