1. Because we are going to make four colors, we prepare all the vegetables first. If you have beetroot, purple dragon fruit, purple sweet potato or something, you can also use it for juice.
When making the vegetable juice of butterfly noodles, try not to add the original water and the original flavor to the most nutritious.
I use a juicer to squeeze the juice, so there is no need to add water. If you use a wall breaker or a food processor, you need to add a little water to make a paste and filter it before use.
3. Juicing is still very troublesome. My large-caliber juicer does not need to be cut too small, which is more trouble-free. You can just don’t mix the colors when you squeeze the juice.
4. This is how the four colors of fruit and vegetable juice are squeezed, it is not so practical
Let's prepare dough in four colors. The dough for making butterfly noodles should be dry. The ratio of flour to water is about 3:1, which means that the dough has just formed into a dough, so that it will not stick when pressed.
I am too lazy to knead it by hand, so I first mix various vegetable juices with 150 grams of flour, add some salt, and use a chef's machine to stir it into cotton wool, and then knead it into a dough by hand.
6. This is the dough of four colors, and the dry humidity is just like this in the picture. About 150 grams of flour is used for each dough, and the vegetable juice is not weighed specifically, it is added while kneading, and everyone can adjust it flexibly. Proof for half an hour after the dough is ready for use.
7. Next, let’s roll the noodles. I made it with the noodle press that is matched with the chef's machine. The machine automatically rolls the noodles in the whole process, which is more labor-saving. You need to start from the widest position of the 8th gear several times, then adjust to the 5th gear, and back and forth Roll it out several times. You can roll it with a manual noodle machine, if you don't have any tools, just roll it by hand, but it's more tiring.
8. This is how the four dough pieces are rolled. The thickness is on the 5th level, and the length is as short as possible. Then stack the dough pieces, and you can match the color order by yourself.
9. Take a look at the side. They are purple cabbage, carrot, spinach, and tomato. The thickness is similar. The next step is to cut off the irregularities around the dough, leaving a neat four-color section.
10. Then cut the stacked noodles into strips about 1 cm wide, and then put the four-color cut side up, and then glue them together in groups of four. If it is not sticky, you can use a little water to glue it.
11. This is how the two groups are arranged and glued together. I will roll the noodles again later, so you need to use a rolling pin to flatten the four-color cut noodles to make it easier to enter the noodle press.
12. Roll it back and forth several times with the widest 8th gear, then 6th gear, 3rd gear, and finally the thinnest 1st gear, so that when you press it back and forth, the colorful striped dough will appear.
13. There are two ways to do butterfly noodles. The first one is more beautiful, but it is also more expensive. It uses a biscuit pattern mold to cut out the shape shown in the picture on the dough. Cutting the remaining noodles is wasted and can only be kneaded together to make mixed vegetable noodles.
14. Place the stripes of the flower piece in this direction from top to bottom, and use chopsticks to hold the two ends, and the middle will bulge.
15. At this time, use the other finger to press down on the bulging position and clamp the chopsticks at the same time, and the beautiful butterfly noodles are made.
16. The other method is simpler. Cut the striped dough into small rectangles. Later, I picked it up from the middle with chopsticks, and it became another version of butterfly noodles. It didn't look as good as the biscuit flower die cut.
17. If you feel the illusion butterfly face is troublesome, you can also make a monochrome butterfly face, as shown in the picture. It is best to wait for the finished phantom butterfly noodles to dry and set before being boiled, or it will not spread out easily.
18. If you can't finish eating the butterfly noodles, you can put them in the refrigerator and keep them frozen when you want to eat them. You can just take them out and cook them when you want to eat them. Although it is troublesome to make, children will love such beautiful butterfly noodles.
1. The amount of vegetable juice is a reference value. You can adjust it flexibly according to the water absorption of your dough. The dough should be harder to roll it out and not sticky.
2. It takes more time for novices to do this, so it is recommended to start with a single color first, and then do four colors after being proficient. In fact, the monochrome butterfly face is also very beautiful.