1. Let’s take a look at the family portrait first, don’t look at the excitement written in my ingredient list, it’s actually not complicated. The first is the Mei Cai, soak it two or three hours in advance, change the water frequently in the middle, and wash away the debris and mud. Note that the Mei Cai here refers to the Hakka specialty of Meizhou, Guangdong, which is not the same thing as the Mei Gan Cai in Jiangsu and Zhejiang.
2. How can large pieces of meat be fat but not greasy? Three steps, first cooking, then frying, and then steaming! Let me talk about boiling, boiling under cold water, adding ginger slices, white wine (Guangdong rice wine), star anise, cinnamon, and I also put a little tangerine peel, which has a miraculous effect to remove the fishy. After the high heat is boiled, let the low heat simmer for 15 minutes. Don't pour the water used to cook the meat, lay down the foam and keep it for later use.
3. Take the cooked meat out of the pot, while it is still hot, spread the meat evenly with the soy sauce, ready to proceed to the second step. The finished piece of meat is black and red in color, and the color is very attractive.
4. Pan, bottom oil, don’t get too much oil, it will be greasy and waste. Fry the meat with the skin down and slowly fry on a low fire. Soon, the fat under the skin will be forced out. Don't make the fire too big. Feeling that the oil is almost out, fry the meat on all sides, take it out and let it cool. Every time I finish frying, I can make half a bowl of oil. You can keep the stir-fried vegetables, or you can discard them if you don't like them.
5. Pour out the forced oil, leave a base oil, add green onion, ginger, rock sugar, and oyster sauce to saute, put the soaked chopped plums in the pot and stir-fry evenly. Pour the freshly reserved broth into the plum, boil on high heat, and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
Up to this point, victory is already in sight. The pieces of meat that have been cooked and then fried have become thinner. Cut into large slices and lay the meat skin down. Then put the plum vegetables and put them in the steamer. The pressure cooker I use can be a bit faster, first 20 minutes, then skim off the steamed oil soup, put it in the pot again, and take another 20 minutes to complete.
After the three processes of cooking, frying and steaming, the fatty meat has been reborn and becomes soft and delicious, suitable for all ages.
Pay attention to controlling the firepower. There is almost no fire when using large fires, especially when frying meat, you need to be extra careful.