1. Put the weighed xylitol syrup, peanut oil, and liquid soap into a dry container.
2. Whisk it evenly with a manual whisk. The evenly mixed liquid becomes thinner than before, and the whisk can drip down immediately after being picked up.
3. Pour the weighed medium powder and low powder into the evenly whipped liquid. Use the method of flipping, pat and pat to mix evenly. You don’t need to knead it with your hands, just use a hard spatula. There are detailed videos on Weibo, you can search for reference. The mixed dough is sealed with plastic wrap and left at room temperature for 3 hours. If the indoor temperature is high, it can be adjusted to 2 and a half hours.
To make the filling, first weigh the egg yolk, and then add the lotus seed paste filling according to the weight of the egg yolk. The total weight of each filling is 40g.
5. Knead the lotus paste filling into a ball, squeeze it slightly, put the egg yolk in the middle, press down in the middle, and push up around the lotus paste filling to evenly wrap the lotus paste around the egg yolk.
6. Weigh the rested and relaxed crust into 25g portions, and knead slightly to form a dough, a total of 20 portions.
7. Hold the crust in the palms of your hands and hold it a few times. After it becomes soft, press the crust into a slightly longer oval slice (I use my own oval wrapping method), put the filling on one end, and roll it slowly to fit the crust. To the other end, overlap and seal the junction.
8. Clamp the moon cake at Huya, and use the belly of the thumb of both hands to push the cake wrapper in the middle to seal it up and down. (Moon cakes wrapped in this oval method can obviously thicken the upper and lower crusts, and the upper and lower crusts are not easy to show when the pattern is pressed)
9. Hold the wrapped moon cake with both hands and gently press it so that the crust and the filling fit perfectly to eliminate air
10. Round the wrapped moon cake, and then gently rub the middle thin skin part into an oval shape, which is easy to put into the mold.
11. Put the medium powder into the mold, roll it evenly, and then gently knock it clean. The top and bottom of the wrapped oval moon cake can also be slightly dipped in the medium powder, and gently put it into the moon cake mold.
12. Press the mold with your left hand and fix it on the chopping board. Feel the volume of the mooncake in the mold and press it down evenly in the palm of your right hand. Don't use too much force. Excessive force will squeeze the crust of the cake and expose the egg yolk. Feel that, stop exerting force immediately, and pause for 2-3 seconds, let the pattern of the flower piece shape and then release your right hand. At this time, use your left hand to catch the bottom of the moon cake, and simultaneously push out the moon cake with your right hand.
13. Put oily paper on the baking tray and evenly put the mooncakes in it. Use a wool brush moistened with egg yolk to brush the pattern lines slightly or not. Personally, I prefer light colors, so I just brushed it once.
14. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees 15 minutes in advance.
15. Put the baking tray in the middle and lower layer, and heat up and down to 170 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Each oven is different, and the temperature position is for reference only. Even the ovens of the same brand and model are slightly different, so the baking practice is meticulous and endurance, and you should slowly run in with your own oven.
16. The baked mooncakes are very soft. Wait 3-5 minutes before placing them on the grill to cool. Place the mooncakes on the grill. After cooling, the mooncakes must be placed in a well-sealed fresh-keeping box at room temperature for 1-2 days, waiting for the oil to return. The Xylitol Cantonese-style mooncake after oil return is soft and delicious with egg yolk inside, but you can’t be greedy even if it is delicious.
Moon cakes made of xylitol syrup should not be colored, so pay attention to observation and adjust the baking position and temperature according to the characteristics of your own oven. The baked moon cakes can smell delicious aromas all over the house.