Ingredients: 2 jujubes, 2g yeast, 50g cornmeal, 70g flour, 5g sugar.
PS: The texture of the cake made this time is firmer. If you like softer ones, you can reduce the amount of flour by 10g.
In addition, the amount of cornmeal will also affect the taste of the rice cake. The more cornmeal content, the firmer the taste, which can be adjusted according to your preferences.
Add 30g of warm water to the yeast.
PS: The temperature of warm water must not be too high. It is better to be low than high. Too high water temperature may make the yeast lose its activity. It feels warm to the touch, and it doesn't feel hot.
3. Stir the yeast evenly with a spoon until the yeast has melted.
4. Add cornmeal and flour to a large bowl.
5. Use a spoon to mix the two flours evenly.
Take 60g of boiling water and add boiling water to the flour while stirring.
PS: Be sure to use freshly boiled boiling water, which is what we commonly call hot noodles. You can make the hair cake softer.
7. Add a little sugar to the flour to make it flocculent. Like this in my picture, add the melted yeast water to the flour.
Mix the flour into a dough.
PS: The dough I made with this recipe will be a little dry and have a firmer texture. If you lose 10g of flour, the dough will be slightly softer.
9. Brush a layer of oil in the bowl to facilitate demoulding.
10. Put the kneaded dough into the bowl.
Cover the dough with plastic wrap, put it in the oven, adjust the fermentation mode, and ferment at 37 degrees for 40 minutes.
PS: Everyone uses different flour and yeast, and the ambient temperature is different, so this fermentation time is not fixed. Observe that if the dough is twice as large as before, it is fine. Don't over-ferment.
Use your fingers to press a hole in the center of the dough. If the dough collapses, it means that the dough has a little over-fermented.
In this way, the dough has obviously grown to twice its previous state, and it has been fermented.
PS: The most difficult part of fermentation is to judge whether the dough has been fermented properly. It must be raised and not over-fermented. Over-fermented will have a sour taste, and it will collapse after being steamed, and it will not be soft.
. Wash the jujube and soak in water for 15 minutes.
PS: There will be some dust on the surface of jujube, so be sure to soak it in water for a while. If you are afraid that jujube will float up, you can press it with a bowl like me, and press the jujube in the water.
14. Cut the jujube into small pieces.
15. Spread the jujube on top of the hair cake that has been made by Hufa, gently press the jujube with your hand, and get stuck in the hair cake.
16. Put the steamed cake on the pot and steam for about 30 minutes until it is cooked through.
17. Then use a knife to cut into small pieces.
18. It is suitable as a staple food for babies, and can be eaten with the following soup
Cornmeal is not cornstarch, usually cornmeal is light yellow, much like flour. Corn starch is processed by removing the protein and fat from corn, while corn flour is simply ground corn into flour, which contains all the nutrients of corn.