1. After cleaning the spent fish, soak in baking soda water for about ten minutes, rinse and drain.
2. Slice pickled ginger and young ginger, cut green pepper into sections, and cut red pepper into pieces.
3. Heat oil on low heat, add pepper, bean paste, white sugar and fry until fragrant, add sliced ginger and stir fry;
4. Lower the fish, add water to submerge the fish, and bring it to a boil;
5. Slowly cook on medium heat until the juice is reduced by half, put green and red peppers on high heat to collect the juice;
6. Put the chicken essence in the pot and sprinkle the green onions.