1. Prepare all the ingredients first, cut the butter into small pieces, shred the cheddar cheese for later use, and chop the chives. I made two servings to give away, so if you eat it yourself, just weigh it according to the amount in the recipe.
2. Mix the low-gluten flour and baking powder through a sieve. This step is to prevent lumps in the flour.
3. Pour the cut butter cubes into the flour, then knead it by hand to blend with the flour.
4. Mix the flour into coarse corn flour.
5. Pour in shredded cheddar cheese and mix it by hand.
6. Then pour the mixture of egg liquid and milk, and continue to mix well.
7. Dump into the dough and sprinkle with chopped chives.
8. Then make the dough uniform again, using the method of folding the dough, fold it 2-3 times, and then press it into the shape of the big dough in the picture.
9. Afterwards, roll the dough into 2 cm thick dough pieces, and then cut them out with a flower-shaped biscuit die.
10. Afterwards, put it on a baking tray lined with greased paper, and brush a little milk on the surface to prevent the surface from cracking during baking.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, then put the middle layer up and down to bake for about 20 minutes.
Scone is suitable for eating while it is hot, especially with the taste of cheddar cheese, the aroma of cheese is grilled all over the room.
The aged cheddar cheese I used in Scone is salty in itself, so the overall taste is somewhat salty.
Two long words:
1. Cheddar cheese I use American Medium Cheddar Cheese, or DUTCH FARMS Hershey Farms, both of which are aged cheeses with a slightly salty taste and carrot-like color.
2. Because the cheddar cheese will melt when heated, it is best to shred it before shredding. If it is too large and put into the dough, there will be holes after melting, which will affect the appearance.
3. The recipe of Sikang is very simple, and it is the best to eat while it is hot. If you can't finish it at one time, you can spray some water on the surface when you eat it next time, and bake it at 180 degrees for 6, 7 minutes before eating.
4. For other food tutorials with categories, please subscribe to my public account: xizhenyishen, not only has the most food tutorials, but also good-looking spiritual notes and handmade art tutorials.