by Yoha Kitchen
1. To make buckwheat noodles, you need buckwheat flour. I use this one. I like to use high-gluten flour for noodles because it has a chewy texture and is resistant to cooking. The ratio of buckwheat flour to flour (high-gluten or medium-gluten) is 1:3, which means that the buckwheat flour should not exceed 1/3. The amount of water is automatically weighed by the noodle machine according to the flour used, so there is no need to calculate the ratio separately.
2. The noodle machine is first connected to the power supply, and then cleared. After the flour is poured in, it automatically weighs out the weight of the flour. The total weight is 500 grams of flour, and 160 grams of buckwheat flour is used.
3. Close the lid of the noodle maker, click on the chewy noodles, the noodle machine will automatically calculate the water consumption, and the display is 168 grams.
4. Fill the water cup with water to the corresponding scale, place the cup on the water inlet, and press to start the noodle machine to start automatic operation.
5. After stirring and relaxing, the noodles will come out automatically. Before using the noodle maker, you need to select the noodle die and install it in place.
6. Choose the length you like to cut off the pressed dough, and put it on the lid to dry. I always make more of them at a time, put them in a fresh-keeping box and freeze them in the refrigerator, and take them as I eat.
7. I just simmered a pot of clear chicken broth. Let's cook a bowl of chicken broth soba noodles. Tear a piece of chicken into strips. The soba noodles in the box are frozen.
8. Boil a pot of boiling water, add the noodles to a high heat, and cook the frozen noodles directly in boiling water without defrosting. The noodles must be boiled first before the noodles. Remember to boil the noodles in boiling water. The noodles cooked in cold water will turn into a pot of rotten noodles. After the noodles are put in the pot, use chopsticks to pick them up. The noodles I use are relatively thick. They usually cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Use chopsticks to cut off a piece of noodles. When you see that there is no white core or a little white core inside, it is OK. Scoop out the noodles. Why should there be a little white core and just fish it out? Isn't it undercooked? The temperature of the cooked noodles is very high. With the help of the residual temperature, the noodles will be cooked through, and the noodles will have hot soup. The noodles will have a hot soup and be fully cooked for a while, so the taste is very chewy, as the saying goes. Chewy (with bite).
9. Put the cooked noodles in a bowl, pour a few tablespoons of hot chicken soup and noodle soup (all chicken soup is ok), add shredded chicken and coriander, mix well with the sauce and start eating.
If you want to make hand-rolled noodles, the amount of water is half of the flour. Since I have a noodle maker, I have completely given up on making noodles by hand.