by Water pity
1. I received Jinhua ham from Bawang Supermarket. I was so excited that my xo sauce has been lacking Jinhua ham.
2. Wash the dried scallops and sea rice separately, soak them in water and a spoonful of cooking wine for more than one hour.
3. Cut the onion into fine diced pieces, and chop the garlic into minced garlic for later use.
4. Drain the scallops and sea rice.
5. Steam the scallops and ham for 15 minutes.
6. Chop the sea rice into small pieces and set aside.
7. After the steamed scallops are cooled slightly until they are not hot, disassemble them into filaments. The scallop and ham steamed soup are kept for use.
8. Cut the steamed ham into thin slices, then chop until it is about the same size as the chopped sea rice.
9. Put 500ml of oil in the pot, heat to 50% heat, turn to medium-low heat, and pour the scallops in.
10. Keep the heat to 50% hot oil and fry for about 5 minutes until the scallops turn light golden.
11. Add sea rice to pieces and continue frying for 3-5 minutes.
12. Next, smashed ham until the three ingredients are dehydrated and turn golden brown.
13. Remove it to another pot and set aside.
14. Keep the frying pan on medium-low heat, add the chopped onions, and continue to fry for about 5 minutes until the onions turn yellow.
15. Turn on a small fire on another stove, and pour 4 tablespoons of cooking wine, 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, 5 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and the soup from steamed scallops, sea rice and ham. Juice, mix well and simmer on low heat.
16. After the onion is fried to light golden brown, add the minced garlic and continue to fry for about 7 or 8 minutes. Turn off the heat until the onion and minced garlic are browned.
17. Pour the scallops, sea rice and ham that have been boiled on the side back into the frying pan.
18. Add black pepper immediately and mix well.
19. After the sauce cools slightly, transfer it to a sterilized bottle, and stop at one centimeter from the mouth of the bottle. Wipe the mouth of the bottle to seal it.
20. The canned XO sauce should be placed at room temperature for 3 or 5 days before opening the bottle for use. After opening the bottle, it needs to be refrigerated for storage.
1. When preparing the ingredients, try to cut all the ingredients to the same size so that they can be cooked consistently when they are fried.
2. If you are not sure about the oil temperature and the time sequence of cooking the ingredients, you can fry each ingredient separately, using medium and small heat throughout the process to prevent frying.
3. Onions can be replaced with shallots (Shallot) for a stronger fragrance.
4. If you like spicy food, you can put chili, adjust according to personal taste.
5. If the amount of oil in the finished product is not enough, you can burn a little more oil and pour it in after heating to ensure that all the ingredients are immersed in the oil, which can extend the storage time.
6. Leave the prepared XO sauce for a few days and wait for the ingredients to fuse with each other and taste better.
7. Refrigerate after opening the bottle, and use clean utensils every time you take it. It can be stored for at least 1-2 months.