1. The pumpkin puree is steamed in advance and allowed to cool for later use. If there are few people in the family, you can make it in half.
2. The pumpkin is pureed with a spoon and the flour is weighed
3. Weigh yeast and salt. Salt cannot directly contact with yeast. Pay attention to separate parts.
4. Stir it with chopsticks to form a flocculent, check the water absorption of the dough. The water quality of the pumpkin puree is different. If it is a little soft, add some powder. If it is dry, add a little milk or water.
5. Knead the bread machine for 20 minutes
6. Knead smoothly and then take it out
7. Put it in a basin to ferment, it can be fermented directly in the bread machine in cold weather
8. It is twice as big, and the finger is not retracted in the middle of the poke.
9. Take out the press exhaust
10. Divide again, I’ll take 30 grams each, and the small pieces are about 6 grams each. The specific size is adjusted according to your preference.
11. Make a whole round, knead small pieces of dough and set aside
12. Take a piece of dough, use your thumb to turn it, turn it out, you can watch the video method
13. Brush a layer of corn oil with a brush, and put in the small dough prepared in advance
14. Rotate and rub it a few more times to make the head more three-dimensional, and it’s better to stay for later fermentation.
15. Put it on oiled paper, put it on the steamer, boil water in the steamer, turn off the heat just after the water is hot, and ferment
16. When fermenting, roll the remaining dough into strips and make a knife to cut steamed buns
17. Continue to put oil paper into the steamer, then put the bottom layer of water in the steamer and heat a little bit to ferment with the previous wotou
18. The fermented wotou is twice as big, and it can be rebounded immediately by pressing the finger lightly. Steam over the heat, add heat to the water, steam for 15 minutes, simmer for 5 minutes, then open the lid
19. Take out steamed buns and wotou
20. Just remove the small piece in the middle of the wotou. Home-made wotou is ready!
21. You can choose the side dishes you like. I just had beef sauce in my house, so I tried one, it's super delicious!
Pumpkin is best steamed. Steamed pumpkin has the least moisture. The water absorption of flour is different. Adjust the water first before kneading the dough. \nThe fermentation time is adjusted according to the state of the dough. \nThe steaming time is adjusted according to the size of steamed buns and wotou. \nNote that no matter how big the steaming is, it must be simmered for five minutes before removing the lid.