1. First, make the middle seed, mix the 5 materials of the middle seed and stir evenly with a spoon. After fermenting at room temperature to 3 times the size, put it in the refrigerator and ferment overnight. The fermented dough should fall back slightly, that is, it is over-fermented. (It can also be used directly after fermenting 3-4 times larger in a warm place)
2. Prepare all the ingredients for the main dough
3. Put all the ingredients except butter in the basin, and start kneading for 25 minutes (I use a chef's machine for kneading, and bread machine is fine)
4. Add butter at room temperature for 25 minutes and continue to knead the dough for 20 minutes
5. The kneaded dough shows a complete stage and the glove film is clear
6. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and relax at room temperature for 1 hour
7. Exhaust the loosened dough and knead it evenly, divide it into six parts and cover with plastic wrap to relax for 20 minutes
8. After that, the dough is rolled into long strips
9. Fold the long face
10. Hold the intersection with your left hand, twist the end of the noodles a few times with your right hand to tighten
11. After inserting the opening into the intersection of the left hand, insert it into the hole in the middle of the dough and pinch it tightly.
12. After the dough is shaped, put it into the mold, then put it in the oven (unplugged), put it in a pot of hot water, and let it go for the second fermentation.
13. After fermenting until the mold is 9 minutes full for about 1 hour, take out the mold and water
14. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and bake on the top and bottom for 30 minutes. Note that the colored and covered tin foil will be demoulded immediately after being out of the oven. Apply a layer of liquid butter to cool the bread and keep it sealed.
This is a whole-wheat old-fashioned bread adapted from the old-fashioned bread recipe. The whole-wheat content is not high, about 16%. Those who like whole-wheat can increase the whole-wheat content, I think 30%-50% It's all possible. The more whole wheat content, the rougher the taste will be. I think this bread is very delicious, the taste is very chewy, the aroma of whole wheat is very strong, and it is also very nutritious, suitable for those who do not like the taste of whole wheat, because the taste of whole wheat is not so obvious. After baking, you need to apply a layer of liquid butter, so that the bread is not only bright in color, but also very rich in taste.
ps: The mold uses a 13-inch deep baking pan with a size of 35cm*25cm*7cm
The amount of ingredients can also be used to make two 8-inch deep baking pans