1. Prepare all the ingredients, and chop the shallots into chopped green onions, and the garlic into minced garlic, and prepare the serving plate.
2. [This step is very important, the reason why it is tender and not broken] Wash the tofu and cut it into small cubes. Put an appropriate amount of water in the pot, bring to a boil on high heat, add a spoonful of salt, pour the tofu cubes into the pot, blanch it, and then drain the water. Why blanch it? There are two reasons. One is that it can remove the smell of tofu. On the other hand, adding salt and blanching water can remove the excess water in the tofu, making the tofu tougher and more tender, thereby reducing the breakage rate during cooking. If you want tofu to be tender and not broken, you must do this step!
3. Pour an appropriate amount of peanut oil into the pot. After the oil is hot, add the peppercorns and sauté until fragrant.
4. Then add chopped green onion and minced garlic and sauté.
5. Add Pixian bean paste, stir-fry the sauce until fragrant, then add the chili noodles and stir-fry until even.
6. Then pour an appropriate amount of water into the pot, add a little light soy sauce and an appropriate amount of salt, and bring it to a boil.
7. After boiling, put in the tofu cubes and gently flatten the tofu with a spatula.
8. Cover the pot and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes, being careful not to turn the tofu in the middle.
9. Then collect the juice. When half of the soup is received, add water to the starch and pour the starch into the pot for thickening. The soup is thick, add an appropriate amount of MSG for freshness and turn off the heat. Serve and serve, sprinkle with chopped green onion.
1. If you want tofu to be tender and not broken, you must blanch the water and add salt. This will remove the beany flavor and reduce the possibility of tofu being broken.
2. To make Mapo tofu, it is best to use old tofu instead of lactone tofu.