1. It’s best to buy fresh chicken breasts, it’s safe to eat, and the price is not much too much. Two 15 yuan like this is enough for a family to eat.
2. Remove the hard bones and divide one portion into two halves. The cartilage is delicious. Keep it for mixing and put ginger slices on it.
3. I steamed it. I used a Changdi steamer. It was fully cooked in 13 minutes. If I use a steamer, the time is the same.
4. Remove the ginger slices from the steamed chicken breast and immediately pass it over ice water. This step is indispensable. It is the key to the refreshing taste of the cold shredded chicken. Then gently pull it aside and let it cool.
5. Wear gloves to tear the chicken breast into silk, as thin as possible to make it easier to taste.
6. Shred the basil, chop the garlic into a puree, and prepare some millet peppers if you like to be spicy.
7. Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili oil (my oily chili oil is made of sesame seeds), pepper, pepper powder, salt, and vinegar to form a sauce.
8. Pour the sauce into the shredded chicken, stir evenly with chopsticks, then stir in the garlic and perilla leaves before serving.